Masjid Tun Abdul Aziz or also known as Masjid Bulat is a mosque in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia and the early planning of the mosque started in early 1960s. The mosque is located in Section 14 at the junctions between Jalan Semangat and Jalan Dato' Abdul Aziz.
One of the fundraising initiative is by placing a donation box at all NY Steak Shack restaurants and it has started on 1 February 2019. Apart from that, RM 5 from the upcoming Sharing Platters purchased will be donated to Tabung Pembangunan MTAA as their financial support.
- The early planning of MTAA was started in 1960s. Back then, it was just a small space of surau
- The architect who was responsible for the practical design of MTAA was John Ho, an architect from Selangor JKR
- MTAA is the first mosque in Malaysia that was built in a circular shape
- The construction work began in March 1973 and was completed in September 1976
- The first prayer was performed in the mosque was Eid Al-Fitr prayer on 25 September 1976 (1 Syawal 1396H)
- MTAA was named Tun Abdul Aziz Mosque after a celebrated public figure from Selangor, who was the Chief Minister in 1954
- MTAA was officiated by Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah on 25 February 1977
- MTAA committee members appointed a team of consultants in 2013 to come up with a proposal to address the shortcomings
- Accordingly a comprehensive plan was put forward at a cost of RM 39 million
- Costing RM 7.5 million, the following are works to be carried out:
- Extend the main prayer hall
- Upgrade the prayer for women
- Upgrade classrooms for KAFA Al-Aziziah
- Construct additional toilets and ablution areas for both and women
- Install an elevator for use by the elderly and wheelchair bound congregates
- To see the first phase of the project up and running by June 2019
NY Steak Shack raised RM11,300 through Share The Love campaign. NY Steak Shack's representative, Muhammad Adam Mah, presented the cheque at the mosque's Eid-Fitri open house on 22 June 2019.
“We are truly humbled by the generosity and support that we have received from our customers for this fundraising campaign. This festive season is a time for celebration but it is also a time to reflect and give back to those in need. We hope that together with our support, we can make a positive impact on Tun Abdul Aziz Mosque (MTAA)," said Muhammad Adam Mah.